Friday, September 23, 2011

The Wisdom of the (Blogo)Spheres

Over the last few years I’ve seen blogs in the Jskeptiblogosphere come and go. Some last only a few posts, others for years. The same topics are rehashed over and over, but each writer brings his or her own perspective. Unfortunately, there’s no way to search for a particular topic in the blogsphere. Worse, old posts, to say nothing of defunct blogs, fade into the background, forgotten and many times deleted.

This blog will remedy that. I plan to reposts old blog posts (with attribution and links, of course) complete with comments when available. For a time, at least, the defunct blogs will be resurrected. I’ll tag each post, and in time, as the blog grows, the wisdom of the blogosphere will be at our fingertips.

I’ll start with the defunct blogs, and then perhaps move on to the old posts of active blogs (as long as the bloggers don't mind). I’m not going to repost every single entry, but I plan to do all the posts of what I judge to be lasting interest.

The blogroll includes blogs relevant to the project. If anyone has suggestions of blogs to add to the list, put them in the comments.

To start with, I thought I’d put up one of my old posts duex-ex-homo-sapiens, a classic from before my time in the blogosphere Torah and Blogs, and one from a blog I used to enjoy a lot Let's Rebut the Watchmaker Analogy Once and for All.

1 comment:

  1. http://yeshivaforum.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/jblog-resurrector/

    burnt out minds think alike...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment on re-posted posts. Comment threads are often as informative and interesting as the body of a post, and half the point of this blog is to bring old posts from around the blogosphere up for discussion again. A word of warning: while dissenting opinions and respectful debate is welcome and encouraged, trolls will not be tolerated. I will delete all trollish comments and responses.